Statement of Faith
- We believe in God the Father, eternally existent in three persons, Almighty Maker and Sustainer of heaven and earth, Sovereign of all creation and all history.
- We believe in Jesus Christ His only begotten Son, fully man and fully divine, who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified for the sins of all mankind, was buried in a borrowed tomb, was resurrected on the third day, and ascended into heaven where He sits at God's right hand, making intercession for the saints. We believe in His personal and imminent return to retrieve believers and escort them into an eternity of bliss in His presence.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, third member of the triune God, given to believers at Pentecost and subsequently to all who accept Christ's sacrificial death as their only and permanent means of salvation. We believe in the Spirit's work as Sanctifier and Keeper of all who claim Christ as Savior.
- We believe that all men are sinners and are guilty before God and under condemnation. We believe that faith in Jesus Christ is the only means of salvation offered from this condemnation. We believe that the salvation offered through Christ is eternal and imperishable.
- We believe in the Church as Christ's Body here on earth, created to be the means of evangelism, discipleship, and service to both fellow believers and the lost world around us. We believe that God grants spiritual gifts to all believers at the moment of salvation which empower us to serve and build up the Body. We believe that all believers are called to show God's love to the fallen world through the testimony of our lives.
- We believe the Word of God in its original form is inerrant and infallible and is the supreme and final authority for faith and life. We believe its perfect unity of thought and intent is evidence of its divine inspiration
How we live out what we believe
We care for the poor, the orphans and widows, the helpless - those whom the world deems unimportant but who are important to the Father.. Since we are commanded by scripture to care for those for whom God's heart breaks, we seek to help alleviate the pain and hopelessness of "the least of these" in Jesus' Name. Christ's love compels us to follow His example of becoming involved in the lives of broken people, to offer them the hope of wholeness in Him.
As has been said many times by many people: "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." Our organization partners with local churches, missions and missionaries, and clergy to accomplish the goal of meeting both the physical and spiritual needs in the locations we operate.
We do this first by meeting the practical physical needs of the poor (food, clothing, medical care and education) so they "know how much we care". In ministering to the needs of the poor alongside the local church/mission, we provide our partners the opportunity to share "how much we know" (the gospel message). Our end goal is that both physical and spiritual needs are met for those we serve (the poor).
Scriptures we build our work upon
James 1:27: Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Deuteronomy 24:17-19: Do not deprive the alien or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the LORD your God redeemed you from there. That is why I command you to do this. When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Proverbs 11:24, 25; Proverbs 19:17: One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Isaiah 58:6-11: Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter - when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
Luke 12:33: Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
Matthew 25:34-40: Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 19:21: Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
John 4:34: "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."